UPDATE 14th April
Thank You Thank You THANK YOU to each and every one of you who have placed an online order/orders with us over the last 4 weeks.
It genuinely means the world to us !
We get such a buzz sending orders to every corner of Ireland...
We are working round the clock to get your orders out as quickly as we can so please bare with us as it may take us a little longer than usual due to the limited number of staff we have working at any one time.
Our online returns period has been extended to 60 days to make things easier for everyone during this time.
If you have any queries email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
☘️Keep supporting Irish companies☘️
UPDATE 30th March
To all of our loyal customers,
On Friday 27 th March the government announced new measures to help with the fight against Covid 19.
As you can see things can change daily
On Sunday 29th March, we thought it was going to be at least 2 weeks (April 14th) before we could get back to our distribution centre to process and pack online orders.
Our amazing friends at Retail Excellence have been vital to its 2,000 members who between us have 13,000 stores around Ireland. They have been keeping us up to date around the clock since the Covid-19 pandemic, updating us several times a day on their direct discussions with government. We’d have been totally lost without them so THANK YOU!!!
On Monday evening we received clarification that we could still operate online once we adhered to the guidelines.
The latest correspondence outlined that.....
Retailers can continue to fulfil online orders, but this can only be done on the basis of the following:
• The administration/processing activities associated with online orders and fulfilment must be done home-based (i.e. remote working and not office based)
- Our I.T. Manager has been working from home since our stores closed March 18th.
• The employer must have only a minimum level of staff on site (e.g. in warehouse) for fulfilment.
- We have not asked any of our staff to come to work, the Cummins family has been processing all the online orders themselves.
• The requirements in relation to physical distancing must be rigorously adhered to in the carrying out of the fulfilment activities.
- There is only 2 of us in our distribution centre at any one time, 1 of us picking the orders, the other doing the packaging.
Our stores remain closed but I hope the above explains how we are running the online side of our business, in the safest manner possible and following the above guidelines as we had been doing all along.
Online orders will continue and will be shipped as quickly as possible but delivery may take a little longer than usual due to the limited amount of staff working at one time.
Thank you for your continued support☘️
The Cummins Family❤️